Oakfields Health Centre
Our patients were asked:
“How likely are you to recommend our GP practice to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?”
|Total responses||0 in 31 days|
|Neither likely nor unlikely||0|
0 responses in 31 days
How your feedback has helped us improve
- You said - No appointments available for people who work have to wait 2 weeks for Sunday appt and had to ask for that it was not offered
- We did - The practice also offers late appointments with GP & Nurse on a Wednesday evening up until 8.15pm. Telephone appointments are available daily if you can take a phone call at work.
- You said - No appointments trip to out of hours again - hard to get appointments
- We did - The Practice increased the late opening until 8.15pm and participated in the weekend opening on a Sunday morning to provide more appointments. To further increase capacity the practice offers telephone appointments daily with the GP and Nurse Practitioner. This system allows clinicians to assess the urgency of patients problems and direct them to the most appropriate service.
- You said - Because every time I put my repeat prescription in they never have all of my tablets
- We did - The practice always aims to have repeat prescription requests completed within 2 working days
- You said - No appointments available apart from telephone when he rang was offered an appointment with nurse went to see her and she has given me appt to see Dr going round in circles he might have time to waste but I work and to make matters worse apps with nurse and Dr are during the day not evenings so more time off
- We did - Both GP & Nurse Practitioner offer telephone appointments. The reason for this is to establish urgency & need in order to manage the increased workload at the practice and ensure that you are seen by the correct clinician first time. Evening appointments are available on a Wednesday up until 8.15pm